Dr. Muhammad Nisar
PhD (UVAS, Lahore),Post-Doc (University of Minnesota, USA)
Dr. Muhammad Nisar is Assistant Professor with the Department of Epidemiology & Public Health, Cholistan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur. Dr. Nisar received his PhD in Epidemiology & Public Health in 2018 from University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore after which he conducted post-doctoral studies (2016-2019) at University of Minnesota, USA. Dr. Nisar research focuses on molecular epidemiology, zoonotic diseases, food safety, antibiotic resistance, ecology of infectious disease and host pathogen interface
Areas of Interest
- Molecular and Public Health Epidemiology
- Zoonotic Diseases
- Food safety
- Antibiotic resistance
- Ecology of Infectious Disease
- Host pathogen interface
Muhammad J, Rabbani M, Shabbir MZ, Muhammad K, Ghori MT, Chaudhry HR, Hassnain ZU, Jamil T, Abbas T, Chaudhry MH, Haisem ur Rasool M, Ali MA, Nisar M, Kirimanjeswara GS and Jayarao BM. 2019. Cross sectional study and risk factors analysis of Francisella tularensis in soil samples in Punjab province of Pakistan. Front Cell Infect Microbial. 9: 1-10.
Deblais L, Lorentz B, Scaria J, Nagaraja K.V, Nisar M, Lauer D, Voss S and Rajashekara G. 2018. Comparative genomic studies of Salmonella Heidelberg Isolated from Chicken and Turkey Associated Farm Environmental Samples. Front Microbiol. 9: 1-11.
Nisar M, Ahmad MD, Mushtaq MH, Shehzad W, Hussain A, Nasar M, Nagaraja K.V and Goyal SM. 2018. Occurrence of Campylobacter in retail meat in Lahore, Pakistan. Acta Tropica. 185: 42-25.
Hussain A, Ahmad MD, Mushtaq MH, Chaudhry M, Khan MS, Reichel MP, Hussain T, Khan A, Nisar M and Khan IA. 2018. Prevalence of Overall and Teatwise Mastitis and Effect of Herd Size in Dairy Buffaloes. Pakistan J of Zool. 50 (3): 1107-1112.
Nisar M, Ahmad MD, Mushtaq MH, Shehzad W, Hussain A, Muhammad J, Nagaraja K.V and Goyal SM. 2017. Prevalence and antimicrobial resistance patterns of Campylobacter spp. isolated from retail meat in Lahore, Pakistan. Food Control. 80: 327-332.
Nisar M, Kassem II, Rajashakara G, Goyal SM, Lauer D, Voss S and Nagaraja KV. 2017. Genotypic relatedness and antimicrobial resistance of Salmonella Heidelberg isolated from chickens and turkeys in Midwestern United States. J Vet Diagn Invest. 29(3): 370-375.
Muhammad J, Rabbani M, Khushi M, Wasim M, Dewan K, Anjum AA, Sheikh AA, Ahmad A, Akhtar A, Nisar M, Khattak I, Jayarao BM, Kirimanjeswara GS. 2017. Lipopolysacharide gene based development and optimization of diagnostics for Francisella tularensis. J Ani. Plant Sci. 27(4): 1161-1166.
Hussain A, Ahmad MD, Mushtaq MH, Khan MS, Reichel MP, Hussain T, Khan A and Nisar M. 2016. Molecular Characterization of coagulase genes of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from mastitic river buffaloes. J Ani. Plant Sci. 26(2): 408-414.
Chaudhry M, Ahmad S, Nisar M, Rashid HB, Mushtaq MH, Ijaz T, Chaudhry HR and Raashed M. 2015. A matched case-control study to identify potential risk factors of Dengue fever among residents of a local university of Lahore. Annals. 21(3): 173-177.
Hussain A, Ahmad MD, Mushtaq MH, Khan MS, Khan MA, Nisar M, Sabir N and Khan SA. 2013. Antibiogram Analysis of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from Mastitic Milk Samples of Buffaloes in District Bhimber Azad Kashmir. Buffalo Bulletin. 32 (2): 1021-1028.
Nisar M, Ahmad MD, Mushtaq MH, Khan SA, Hussain A, Ali MA, Abbas M, Nabi H, Khan MM and Khan MT. 2014. Clinico-Epidemiology of Shigellosis in children suffering from diarrhea in district Lahore, Pakistan. Int. J. Microbiol. App. Sci.3 (2): 950-957.
Trainings/Workshops and Conferences
- Genetic diversity of Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale isolated from chicken and turkeys in the United States using Multilocus Sequence Typing. Western Poultry Disease Conference (WPDC-2017) at Sacramento (California), USA (Oral)
- Genetic diversity and antimicrobial resistance of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli isolated from layers. Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases (CRWAD-2017) Chicago (Illinois), USA (Oral)
- Molecular epidemiology of Salmonella Heidelberg isolated from chicken and turkeys. American Association of Avian Pathologists (AAAP-2016) San Antonio (Texas), USA (Poster)
- Molecular detection and antimicrobial resistance pattern of Campylobacter species isolated from retail meat shops in Lahore Pakistan. 18th international workshop on Campylobacter, Helicobacter and Related Organisms (CHRO-2015) at Rotorua, New Zealand. (Oral)
- Microbial evaluation of raw meat in district Lahore Pakistan. International conference on Recent developments in human nutrition held 19th-20th 2014, at Pearl Continental, Lahore, Pakistan. (Poster)
- Clinico-Epidemiology of Shigellosis in children suffering from diarrhea in district Lahore, Pakistan. International conference on “Epidemiology and Evolutionary Genetics” held on August 21-23, 2013 at Orlando, FL, USA.
- Antibiogram Analysis of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from Mastitic Milk samples of Buffaloes in district Bhimber Kashmir the 10th world buffalo congress, May 6-8, 2013 Thailand.
- Occurrence of Fasciolosis in ruminants in district swat (KPK). National Science Conference on Agriculture and Food Security Issues in Global Environmental Prospective held on July 11-13, 2012 at The University of Poonch Rawalakot, AJK.
- Dengue fever in Pakistan and its dietary management. National Science Conference on Agriculture and Food Security Issues in Global Environmental Prospective held on July 11-13, 2012 at The University of Poonch Rawalakot, AJK.
- Clinico-epidemiology of diarrhea in children in tertiary care hospitals Lahore. Scientific session in Golden Jubilee celebrations of CPSP (College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan) held on 8th June, 2012 at PC Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Successfully completed four (04) weeks training on “Laboratory animal handling” November 9 to December 4, 2015 at the department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore.
- Participated in 5 days workshop on “Data analysis methodologies” from March 4-8, 2014 at University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated in 2 days workshop on “Commercial dairy farm management” on February 14-15, 2014 at University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated in a 7th Nation course “Molecular diagnosis and prophylaxis of animal diseases” on November 25-29, 2013 at National Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE), Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- Participated in a national training workshop on ”Application of Molecular Diagnostics for Livestock based Food Pathogens” from June 19-21, 2013, Forman Christian College, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated in one day workshop on “Mastering SPSS & Endnote X-4” Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated in 2nd one day workshop on young researchers “Skill development and NAYS (National Academy of Young Scientists) emerging ideas conference” held on Jan 07, 2012.
- Participated and organized one day workshop on “The Awareness and Field test for Diagnosis of Rabies” held on December 20, 2011 at University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated in a “31st King Edward Medical University (KEMU) Annual Scientific Symposium” held on 19th December 2011.
- Participated in a national level training on “GIS/GPS application in epidemiology of human & animal diseases and in biological science research” at University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated and organized national seminar “The awareness and current status of rabies” held on July 28, 2011 at University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated in “Consultative workshop of provincial livestock forum” held on February 28, 2011.
- Participated in seminar on “Good clinical practices” held on December 19, 2010 at University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Participated in “National Biotechnology Exhibition and Seminar 2010” held on 20-21 October, 2010 at University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore, Pakistan.
Pakistan Veterinary and Medical Council
Pakistan Veterinary and Medical Association
American Veterinary and Medical Association
American Association of Avian Pathologists