Dr. Kashif Hussain
DVM, MPhil, PhD (Clinical Medicine) UVAS, Lahore.
Dr. Kashif Hussain is an Assistant Professor (BPS-19) in the Department of Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur–Pakistan. He completed his DVM in the year 2012 and M.Phil. degree in 2014 in the subject of Clinical Medicine from University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore. Dr. Kashif Hussain has earned his PhD in Clinical Medicine in 2018 from same university. In his Doctorate studies, he has worked on the Clostridium perfringens, its characterization, and toxinotyping along with antibiotic resistance profile. He has written three peer reviewed research papers in well-known scientific journals with good impact factor.
Areas of Interest
- Infectious diseases
- Clinical work
- Kashif Hussain, Muhammad Ijaz, Aneela Zameer Durrani, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Azam Ali Nasir, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Amjad Islam Aqib, Abdullah Sagheer Ahmad Bacterial count and predisposing factors of Clostridium perfringens (targeting CPA gene) infection along with antimicrobial sensitivity in diarrheic sheep in Pakistan. Tropical Biomedicine, 35(2): 434–441 (2018)
- Kashif Hussain, Muhammad Ijaz, Aneela Zameer Durrani, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Amjad Islam Aqib, Abdullah Sagheer Ahmad. Molecular typing of Clostridium perfringens toxins (α, β, ε, ι) and Type ‘A’ multidrug resistance profile in diarrheic goats in Pakistan.Kafkasuniversitesiveterinerfakultesidergisi journal, 2018. Kafkas Univ Vet FakDerg. 24 (2): 251-255, 2018. DOI: 10.9775/kvfd.2017.187
- Kashif Hussain, Muhammad Ijaz, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Syeda Nayab Batool Rizvi, Ahmad Ali, AwaisGhaffar, Amjad Islam Aqib, Muhammad Kashif IqbalGenetic variability in toxin genes of Clostridium perfringens along with Type ‘D’ Multidrug Resistance Profile in Diarrheic Sheep. Pakistan Veterinary Journal. ISSN: 0253-8318 (PRINT), 2074-7764 (ONLINE). DOI: 10.29261/pakvetj/2018.037. 38(3): 271-271
- SehrishSaleem, Muhammad Ijaz, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Muhammad Imran Rashid, Amjad Khan, AwaisMasud, Amjad Islam Aqib, Kashif Hussain, Khalid Mehmood, Hui Zhang. First molecular evidence of equine granulocytic anaplasmosis in Pakistan. Acta Tropica. Acta Tropica 180 (2018) 18–25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actatropica.2017.12.032. 5-Jan-2018
- Amjad Islam Aqib, Muhammad Ijaz, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Muhammad Abdul Rauf Malik, Khalid Mehmood, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Kashif Hussain. Antibiotic susceptibilities and prevalence of Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolated from bovine milk in Pakistan. Acta Tropica https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actatropica.2017.08.008
- Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Muhammad Ijaz, Muhammad Imran Rashid, Amjad Islam Aqib, Zulfiqar Ahmad, Muhammad Hassan Saleem, Kashif Hussain, Saher Islam, Huma Naeem, and Amjad Khan. 2017. Molecular epidemiology of Babesiabovis in bovine of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.Pak Vet J, 37(3): 275-280 Pak Vet J.
- S. H. Farooqi, M. Ijaz, M. H. Saleem, M. I. Rashid, S. S. Ahmad, S. Islam, A. I. Aqib, A. Khan, K. Hussain and N. U Khan. 2017. Prevalence and Molecular Diagnosis of Theileriaannulata in bovine of Three Distinct Zones of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 27(6): 2017, Page: 1836-1841
- Aqib AI, Ijaz M, Hussain R, Durrani AZ, Anjum AA, Rizwan A, Sana S, Farooqi SH and Hussain K. Identification of coagulase gene in staphylococcus aureus isolates recovered from subclinical mastitis in camels. Pak Vet J, 37(2): 160-164
- Amjad Islam Aqib, Muhammad Ijaz, Aneela Zameer Durrani , Aftab Ahmad Anjum , Riaz Hussain, Saba Sana, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Kashif Hussain and Syed Saleem Ahmad. Prevalence and Antibiogram of Staphylococcus aureus, a Camel Mastitogen from Pakistan. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 49(3), pp 861-867, 2017.
- Muhammad Abdul Rauf Malik, Muhammad Ijaz, Amjad Islam Aqib, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Kashif Hussain. The Prevalence and Associated Risk Factors of Coag Gene (Coagulase Positive Staphylococcus aureus) From Bovine Milk. 2017Kafkas Univ Vet FakDerg 23 (5): 809-815. DOI: 10.9775/kvfd.2017.17910. 2017
- Shahid Hussain Farooqi & Muhammad Ijaz & Muhammad Imran Rashid & H. NabiSehar Islam Amjad Islam Aqib Kashif Hussain Amjad Khan Syeda Nayab Batool Rizvi, ShakeelMahmood Khalid Mehmood and Hui Zhang. Molecular epidemiology of bovine anaplasmosis in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Tropical Animal Health and Production https://doi.org/10.1007/s11250-018-1599-2. 2018
- Mumtaz Ali Khan1, Aneela Zameer Durrani1, Sher Bahadar Khan2,Shehla Gul Bokhari1, Ikramul Haq1,*, ImdadUllah Khan3, Naimat Ullah4,NaimatUllah Khan4, Kashif Hussain1 and AzmatUllah Khan2. Development and Evaluation of Clostridiumperfringens Type D Toxoid Vaccines. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 50(5), pp 1857-1862, 2018. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17582/journal.pjz/2018.50.5.1857.1862
- Won HEC Indigenous Scholarship for PhD from Higher Education of Pakistan.
- Won 6th month training program under international research support initiative program, Higher Education Commission of Pakistan for Cornell University, USA