Dr. Mubasher Rauf
Ph. D. (UVAS)
Phone Office: +92-062-9255703 Cell: +92-333-9965850
Dr. Mubasher Rauf, is an eminent scientist and had dynamic vibrant international experience. Currently he has been working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, at Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur, since Nov, 2018. Previously he served Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan in different capacities w.e.f. 2010 to 2016. He also got an opportunity to work in international community; ALJOUF University Soudia Arabia. He worked as an international teacher to take the classes of medical and physiotherapy students. He always produced a good quality of work while conducting Post Mortem of wild animalsespecially Rhino, black buck and wild birds. In addition to his academic experience he has an adequate experience in administration like officer in-charge of College of Veterinary Sciences Layyah.
Areas of Interest:
- Post mortem of large and small animals including wild animals
- Conventional & Molecular Diagnostic Techniques
- Pathobiological Laboratory Techniques
- Histopathology &Immunehistochemistry
- Protein Profiling
Trainings and Courses
- Two days In-Service competency enhancement training program for young University Faculty at Cholistan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur in collaboration with CEPA.
- Successfully attended and qualified a 15 days “Teachers’ Orientation Program” held at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore 15-29 June, 2007
- Attended National Conference on “Prion Diseases – A threat to Humans and Livestock” on May 20, 2008 at UVAS, Lahore
- Wildlife Education and Ecology Short training entitled “Environmental Sampling”, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, March 2009, Lahore.
- Education for Wildlife Sustainability, Training in GIS and Natural Photography (30-31 January 2008) at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore.
- Synopsis and thesis defiance seminars of Postgraduate students at UVAS, Lahore.
- Hosted delegates and attended International Asian Buffalo Congress, 2009.
- Participated in “National conference on the strategies to improve Red Meat Production in Pakistan” at BZU Multan. 13 oct 2010
- One week training on “National Necropsy Workshop” held at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore (19th to 24th September, 2011).
- Participated in “Necropsy Practice And Its Vetrolegal Implementation In Animals” at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore 25th to 30th June 2007
- Participated in Thailand Based training program “Ensuring Training Effectiveness”BahauddinZakariya University, Multan 9th to 11th April 2012.
- Participated in “Statistical Modeling For Improving The Standards Of research And Education For University Professionals”BahauddinZakariya University, Multan 23rd to 25th of January 2012.
- Organized “Bio-Safety Workshop For Young Scientists” BahauddinZakariya University, Sub-Campus Layyah. 27 February 2014.
- Hosted and participated in “6th Asian buffalo Congress” held on 27-30 October 2009 at Lahore, Pakistan.
- Nasir Abbas, Muhammad Suleman, Nazir Ahmad Khan, Ijaz Ali, MubashirRauf and SadeequrRahman. “Prevalence of Mycoplasma gallisepticum in Poultry and Wild Life Birds Suspected of Chronic Respiratory Diseases In Northern Pakistan.” Pakistan Journal of Zoology 50 (3), 2018.
- Waleed S. Mohamed, Abeer M. Ashmawy, Fatma El-Zahraa S. Abdel Rahman, Mahmoud A. Amer, MubasherRauf, and Motawa E. EL –Houseini. “Influence Of Two Promising Products (Silibinin And Trans-Retinoic Acid) On Immunophenotypic Characterization Of Leukemic Cells Propagated Ex-Vivo.” International Journal Of Current Research. Vol 9. Issue, 03),pp 47988-47993, March, 2017
- RiazHussainMirza, Khalid Javed, MaqsoodAkhtar, MubasherRauf,Musarrat Abbas Khan, Murtaza Ali Tipu, Syed Muhammad RaihanDilshad. “Environmental Factors Affecting Linear Classification of Top Line and Feet and Leg Traits in Nili Ravi Buffaloes of Pakistan.” Journal of Agricultural Engineering and Biotechnology, Vol.3 Iss. 3, PP. 84-91. Aug 2015.
- RiazHussainMirza, Khalid Javed, MaqsoodAkhtar, MubasherRauf, Syed Muhammad RaihanDilshad, Musarrat Abbas Khan, Murtaza Ali Tipu. “Genetic and Phenotypic Correlation of Some Body Measurements with Milk Yield in Nili Ravi Buffaloes of Pakistan.” Journal of Animal Health and Production Vol 3, Issue 1 January 2015.
- M. Rauf, Z. I. Chaudhary, M. Younus, A. A. Anjum, H. M. Khan and M. A. Ali. “Detection of Mycoplasma gallisepticumin experimentally Inoculated layer birds by immunohistochemistry.” J. Anim. Plant Sci. 24(2):2014.
- M. Rauf, Z. I. Chaudhary, M. Younus, A. A. Anjum, H. M. Khan and M. A. Ali. “Polypeptide mapping and Western Blot Analysis of Mycoplasma Gallisepticum field isolates” J. Anim. Plant Sci. 24(1):2014.
- Muhammad T. Sultan, Masood S. Butt, SaeedAkhtar, Atif N. Ahmad, MubasherRauf, Muhammad S. Saddique and AmbreenNaz.. “Antioxidant and antimicrobial potential of dried cumin (Cuminumcyminum L.), caraway (Carumcarvi L.) and turmeric powder (Curcuma longa L.)” Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment Vol.12 (3&4): 71-76. 2014.
- Muhammad Salman, Muhammad Khaskhel, Israr-ul-Haq, Aisha RahmanTalpur, AneelaPerveenKhuhro, MubasherRauf, Humera Hamid &Atif Aziz. Comparative “Studies On Nutritive Quality Of Buffalo And Cow Milk.” IJRANSS (ISSN(E): 2321-8851; ISSN(P): 2347-4580) Vol. 2, Issue 12, Dec 2014, 69-78.
- M. Rauf, Z. I. Chaudhary, M. Younus, A. A. Anjum, M. A. Ali, A. N. Ahmad and M. U. R. Khan. “Identification of Mycoplasma gallisepticum by polymerase chain reaction and conventional diagnostics from white leghorn layer flocks.” J. Anim. Plant Sci. 23(2): 2013.
- Abdul Waheed, M S Khan, AN Ahmed, MM Tariq, M Rauf, E Duran. 2011. “Relationships among testicular traits, body measurements and body weigh in Beetal males in Pakistan.” Univ. J. Inst. Sci. & Tech. 1(1): 59-62, 2011.
- M.Fiaz ,M.Abdullah, K.M Ali, M.Rauf and M.A. Idress. 2011. “Effect of showering on semen quality during wet summer in Holstein-Friesian breeding bulls maintained under sub-tropical environment.” UVAS Lahore, SPU Kherimurat. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences. (Abstract)
- ZarminaIjaz, ZafarIqbalChaudhary, MubasherRauf, IrfanIrshad, and NaveedSabir. 2008. “Comparative efficiency of Signal Intradermal Tuberculine Test SIDT, PCR and aconventional Z-N staining in bovines for diagnosis of Tuberculosis under field condition.” (APHV INDIA Nov 2008) Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore-54000, Pakistan (Abstract).