Student Activities will foster an environment that cultivates student learning through intentional programs, leadership experiences, and services to help and promote student success from the office of senior Tutor.
- To provide students opportunities for holistic growth through co-curricular experiences.
- To educate all students and empower them to be responsible citizens and life-long learners in a changing world.
- To place great value on the role of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities in developing well rounded, responsible and citizen-conscious individuals.
- Engaging students in active co-curricular learning.
- Providing holistic learning experiences for all students.
- Developing students into lifelong citizens and leaders.
- Building supportive and inclusive communities.
- Using resources effectively to achieve institutional mission and goals.
- Retaining students and supporting their transition to and from previous level.
- Forging educational partnerships that advance student learning.
- Developing soft skills in preparation for graduation and lifelong success.
Plan of Action
- To provide an ambitious co-curricular and extra-curricular programme which enriches the educational experience and contributes considerably to the personal development of each individual.
- The University seeks to provide a wide range of opportunities for students of all ages and interests to take responsibility, work as part of a team, face new challenges, acquire new skills, and develop physically and creatively.
- The Office of the senior Tutor ensures equal opportunities for all students and in those activities requiring selection will ensure a fair and unbiased process.
- All students are encouraged to participate in at least one extra-curricular activity and should seek to challenge themselves in new environments and aspire to achieve their full potential
- Student commitment to the co-curricular and extra-curricular programme will be monitored and evaluated and the positive outcomes will be recognized and rewarded.
- Advisors are expected to make a valid contribution to the co-curricular and extra-curricular programme.
- Suggestions and proposals for starting new activities should be addressed to the designated Advisor.
- Assist with improvement of retention, student success, and learning through co-curricular experiences for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Enhance academic success through intentional co-curricular experiences.
- Develop university partnerships in order to create meaningful involvement experience.
- Support both current and future job functions through professional development opportunities.
- Increase student participation in co-curricular experiences.
- Utilize assessment to create and modify programs and services to better meet the needs of our students.