Mr. Zaeem Sarwar
DVM, MPhil (Medalist)
Dr. Zaeem Sarwar is a young lecturer in the Department of Theriogenology since 2018. Have graduated from UVAS in 2016 and pursued his M. Phil in the subject of Theriogenology (UVAS), under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Nasim Ahmad. His research work was “Effect of follicular size on oocytes recovery rate, quality and in vitro developmental competency in Bos indicus cows” He has work experience of Research Associate in HEC funded project on “Development of Suitable Protocol for Ultrasound Guided Oocyte Aspiration (Ovum Pick Up-OPU), In-Vitro Embryo Production (IVEP) and Transfer (ET) in Buffalo and Sahiwal cow for Exploiting the Genetic Potential”. Here, he got the unique experience to write and run research grants at national and international level. He also served as Teaching Assistant in the Department of Theriogenology at UVAS. He has the specialties in reproductive ultrasonography, Ovum pick up, in vitro embryo production and embryo transfer, improved reproductive programs in farm animals and equine reproduction.
Dr. Zaeem is member of PVMC (Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council) and SARP (Society for Animal Reproduction of Pakistan). His main responsibilities include teaching of Theriogenology courses, clinical case handling, 24/7 farm extension services, and research. He has the vision for the Theriogenology Department to develop a state of the art bovine embryology lab and to launch ambulatory services for ovum pick up (OPU), in-vitro embryo production (IVEP) and embryo transfer (ET) in Pakistan.
Area of Interest
- Reproductive ultrasonography
- Ovum Pick Up, In-vitro embryo production and embryo transfer in bovines
- Improved reproductive management in domestic animals
- Breeding management in Equines
- Muhammad Saad, Zaeem Sarwar, Muhammad Saleem, Usman Arshad, Muhammad Shahzad, Muhammad Hassan Mushtaq, Ali Husnain, Amjad Riaz, Nasim Ahmad ‘Effect of plasma progesterone on oocyte recovery, oocyte quality, and early in-vitro developmental competence of embryos in Bos indicus dairy cows’ Animal Reproduction Science, 2019. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2019.02.001. IF : 1.817
- Z. Sarwar, M. Saad, M. Saleem, A. Riaz, and N. Ahmad. ‘Effect of follicular size on recovery, quality and in vitro developmental competence of oocytes in Bos indicus dairy cows’. International Embryo Technology Society, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Reproduction Fertility and Development (IF: 2.138), 2018
- M. Saad, Z. Sarwar, M. Saleem, U. Arshad, M. H. Mushtaq, A. Riaz, and N. Ahmad. ‘Effect of corpus luteum on recovery rate, quality, and in-vitro developmental competence of oocytes in Bos indicus dairy cows’. International Embryo Technology Society, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Reproduction Fertility and Development (IF: 2.138), 2018