M.Phil. (UVAS, Lahore)
Ms. Tahreem Asad is Lecturer in the Department of Poultry Science, Faculty of Animal Production and Technology, Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur, Pakistan. She completed BS (Hons.) Poultry Science and M.Phil Poultry Production from UVAS. In her M.Phil research, she worked on “Efficacy of different Anti-stressors on growth performance, immune response, blood biochemistry and carcass characteristics of broilers reared during hot-humid climate”. She worked as Technical Coordinator in “UM Enterprises” and Project Associate in Kaarvan Crafts Foundation. She also served as Product Manager in “am International”. She appointed as lecturer in Department of Poultry Science in November 2018.
Areas of Interest
- Poultry Nutrition
- Broiler Production
- Poultry Housing and Management
- Meat Processing
Training and Courses
- Participated in Three days training on “In-Service Competency Enhancement Training for University Faculty” from 28-30 January 2019. In collaboration with Centre for Educational Policy and Administration, UVAS held in CUVAS.
- Attended "International Poultry Expo" held at Expo Centre, Lahore (September 27-29, 2018).
- Workshop on “Capacity building of young researchers” arranged by Department of Poultry Production UVAS (15 to 18 June 2015)
- 16th International Poultry Expo (IPEX-2014) held at Expo Centre, Johar Town, Lahore (September 25-27, 2014).
- Workshop on “Developing research plans and basics of biostatistics” from Jul 26th, 2012 –Aug 2nd, 2012.
- International Poultry Expo (IPEX-2012) at Expo Centre Johar Town, Lahore (10-12 September 2015).
- 14th International Poultry Expo (IPEX-2012) at Expo Centre Johar Town, Lahore (September 28-30, 2012).
- “Developing Research Plans and Basics of Biostatistics” at UVAS. 26 July to 2 August 2012.
- “1st Job Fair 2012” held on 8 December 2012 at UVAS
- National Poultry and Food Expo (NAPFEX-2011) held at Expo Centre, Johar Town, Lahore (September 16-17, 2011).
- National Poultry and Food Expo (NAPFEX-2010) held at Expo Centre, Lahore (September 24-25, 2010).
- Baba-e-Poultry Dr. Abdul Ghafoor Poultry Conference held at University of Agriculture Faisalabad (March 23, 2010).
- Asad T, Mehmood S, Mahmud A, Basheer A, Saleem G, Jatoi SA, Hussain J, Husnain F, Younis M. 2018. Ameliorating Effect of Different Anti-Stressors on Growth Performance and Immunophysiological Responses in Heat Stressed Broilers Chickens. ISSN: 0253-8318. Pak Vet J.
- Conference Papers
- Asad T, Mehmood S, Mahmud A, Javed K, Hussnain F, Hussain J, Waqas M. 2017. Efficacy of Different Anti-Stressors on Carcass Characteristic of Broilers Reared During Hot-Humid Season. Proceedings 1st International Conference on Poultry Processing: Farm to fork management held on Nov 1-2, 2017 at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore. p. 37.
- Asad T, Mehmood S, Mahmud A, Javed K, Hussain J, Hussnain F, Saleem MM. 2016. Efficacy of different anti-stressors on growth performance and immunity of broilers reared during hot and humid season. The Proceedings of XXV World’s Poultry Congress 2016 – Abstracts. World’s Poultry Science Association. XXV World’s Poultry Congress, Beijing, China. p. 186.
- Asad T, Mehmood S, Mahmud A, Javed K, Hussnain F, Hussain J. 2016. Efficacy of different anti-stressors on carcass characteristic of broilers reared during hot and humid season. Poult. Sci. 95(E-Suppl. 1). P. 70. Abstract Book Poultry Science Association 105th Annual Meeting held on July 11–14, 2016 at New Orleans, Louisiana.